Sunday, July 24, 2016

what have I been up to?

A while ago (previous post) I made a statement about me learning golang and publishing updates as I went along. Guess what? Life happened and I got sidetracked. For now I have put that endeavor in the back-log and started working on some side projects. This time around i waited to make sure I had something up and running before blogging about it.

So, I am happy to present Parrot Status. It is a desktop app to help configure your Parrot Zik headphone. This was done with the intention of learning Swift/Xcode for both desktop and mobile apps.

Tech stack


Going forward

I had originally approached building this app from the perspective if a back-end Java enterprise developer. I did not adopt any Swift nomenclature in terms of design patterns and suggested approaches e.g (Protocol Oriented Programming).
So far I am okay with what I have done and might use this as a test bed to implement best patterns (only if applicable, if it ain't broken... don't... break... it).

Screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment